Nominations for positions will be open from 2 April until 6 April, 2018. You may either self-nominate or nominate someone else. The nominations must be made on CSC-GSA 2018-2019 Nominations form in order for them to be considered valid. After the deadline, we will reach out to the nominees to ask if they accept the nomination.
The available positions are:
|Position||Time Commitment per Month (hours)||Credits Prerequisite (hours)|
All positions require a 3.5 GPA minimum.
- A. The President shall:
- 1) Call and preside over CSC-GSA council meetings
- 2) Call CSC-GSA elections and special elections whenever necessary
- 3) Represent the CSC-GSA at University Graduate Student Association meetings or Student Government Functions
- 4) Perform those duties imposed on this office by the Student Body constitution
- 5) Act as CSC-GSA representative during faculty meetings
- B. The Vice-President shall:
- 1) Preside over CSC-GSA council meeting at the request of or in the absence of the President
- 2) Act as proxy for the President at University or Student Government functions at the President’s request
- 3) Act as alternate CSC-GSA representative at faculty meetings, in the event the president isunable to attend
- 4) Chair the Lab Representatives Committee.
- 5) Maintain CSC-GSA website
- C. The Secretary shall:
- 1) Record and maintain minutes of the CSC-GSA council meeting and circulate copies of the minutes to the council members
- 2) Maintain a roll of council members and call the roll whenever a roll call vote is taken
- 3) Prepare and carry out CSC-GSA correspondence
- 4) Maintain CSC-GSA display board that is in front of Academic programs
- 5) Chair of any Ad-hoc committee
- D. The Treasurer shall:
- 1) Keep the financial records of the CSC-GSA
- 2) Submit the annual budget, approved by the executive committee, to the CSC-GSA council
- 3) Oversee block grant requests in accordance with the CSC-GSA Block Grant Policy.
- 4) Chair of the Social Committee.
- E. The UGSA Representative shall:
- 1) Represent the CSC-GSA at all Graduate Student Association meetings
- 2) Serve on CSC-GSA Committees
- 3) Serve on the Executive Committee
- 4) Substitute in for secretary or treasurer in the event they are absent from a meeting
If a student is a member of another organization within the CSC department, they may not hold the same position within the CSC-GSA. No more than two officers may run per lab group, and no more than one officer may run per adviser.
Any other questions regarding nominations please refer to the constitution